A spermogram is required by the fertility specialist to determine further treatment strategy. The main purpose of the study of ejaculate is to determine the ability of seminal fluid to fertilize, as well as to identify diseases or pathological processes.
To obtain reliable analysis results, you must strictly follow the rules for preparing for the study:
- Keep a healthy diet.
- Avoid taking alcoholic beverages, nicotine, drugs.
- Limit medication intake. (Be sure to consult with your doctor and warn the reproductive specialist about all prescriptions for this period, since some medicine affect the quality of the analysis)
- Avoid hot baths, saunas and bathhouses.
- Abstain from sexual activity for a period of 3-7 days until the time of the test.
After the delivery of the ejaculate, the biomaterial goes to the laboratory. We want to note right now that when choosing a laboratory, it is worthwhile to focus on highly specialized laboratories for reproductive medicine. Since their specialists have more experience and knowledge in research in this area, which means they will give a clearer and more detailed analysis. One more point, general laboratories cannot afford to purchase more expensive reagents and media for this study, since it is not carried out so often.
Laboratory research includes 3 stages:
- General indicators (volume, liquefaction time, viscosity, pH, etc.).
- Microscopic examination (number, mobility, viability, leukocyte count, etc.).
- Morphological parameters (morphologically normal spermatozoa, as well as possible pathological forms).
One of the important indicators of morphologically normal spermatozoa is the Kruger method, which is used in the Lada clinic.
All studies of semen (spermogram, MAR test, GST test) carried out at the Lada clinic are performed in accordance with the WHO requirements.
Since the clinic specializes in the treatment of infertility, each patient is guaranteed a high level of research. This is achieved thanks to:
- Modern, high-tech equipment;
- Reagents and media purchased from the world’s best manufacturers specializing in ART;
- The colossal experience and practical skills of our specialists working in the field of reproductive medicine for over 10 years.