Infertility is the inability to become pregnant within 12 months, provided that you have sexual intercourse at least once every five to seven days without the use of contraceptives. According to statistics, about 5% of couples cannot have children. Infertility can be caused by both physiological and psychological factors. In almost any case, treatment is possible. Let’s consider them separately.
Physiological causes of infertility
The World Health Organization identifies 22 causes of infertility. They are divided into absolute and relative. Certainly and unfortunately, the reasons associated with incurable diseases, congenital abnormalities in the reproductive system, the absence of sperm in the semen, surgical interventions and injuries that made the process of conception impossible are considered absolute.
Moreover, all other reasons are classified as relative, and therefore, it is possible and even necessary to become pregnant. The main causes of infertility in women are considered to be:
- Pathology of the uterus. There are a lot of types of pathology, but since they all belong to one organ, they are combined into one cause. Some of the most common pathologies of the uterus are endometritis, polyposis, fibroids, and intrauterine septa.
- Fallopian tube problems, such as obstruction or no sludge. Obstruction occurs as a result of adhesions. But absence, as a rule, due to surgical intervention for any reason.
- Peritoneal cause of infertility. One of the most common in women. It consists in the presence of adhesions in the small pelvis. The causes can be varied, from inflammation to endometriosis.
- Endometriosis as a cause. It consists in the growth of the endometrium in excess of the norm. In this case, it should be noted that it can cause the appearance of other reasons by a chain reaction. Thus, complicating the treatment processes. Timely diagnostics prevent this.
- Immunological causes. They include everything that is associated with the perception of the female body of sperm.
In addition, for more optimal treatment, female infertility is divided into 3 types:
- Endocrine infertility. The most common and associated with hormonal disorders. It occurs in three forms – Anovulatory, Luteal phase insufficiency and Luteinization syndrome of the non-ovulatory follicle. The reasons may be disturbances in the work of the pituitary gland, adrenal glands, thyroid gland or ovaries.
- Uterine infertility. This type includes all disorders associated with uterine defects. Both congenital and acquired.
- Tubal-peritoneal infertility. This includes all problems associated with the fallopian tubes and pelvic adhesions. Since the reasons are usually related to each other, then they are attributed to the same type. The reasons can be an imbalance of male and female hormones, and endometriosis, and inflammation.
Psychological causes of infertility
As you know, everything that happens in the body depends on the commands that the brain gives. That is why any of your or your partner’s experiences, fears, even childhood shocks can be perceived by them as unwillingness to conceive or get rid of the embryo during your vain attempts. To date, a term of unknown origin has been introduced in medicine – this is when the delivery of tests and initial examination show the absence of negative factors and the absolute health of both partners. In this case, psychological counseling is necessary first of all, since it can help avoid problems of infertility without further recourse to reproductive medicine and large financial costs.
Studies have shown that 85% of couples have a child during the first year of active sexual activity, 95% – during the next year. Some couples put themselves under stress if they fail after several months, thereby further exacerbating the situation. First of all, you need to overcome such symptoms in yourself, if they are:
- severe stressful situations at work;
- psychological shock associated with a negative event in life (accident, death of a loved one, natural disaster);
- lack of faith in your partner as the father of future children;
- constant pressure and reproaches from relatives for the absence of pregnancy;
- depression in any of its manifestations.
Of course, not everything is so simple, but self-confidence, self-confidence and desire to achieve results lead to the desired pregnancy more often than you can imagine. In other cases, the staff of the Lada reproductive health clinic will help you!