The main symptom of infertility is the inability to conceive a child within 1 year of regular sex life (for women over 38 years old - 6 months). In this case, it is necessary to contact a reproductive specialist, since a gynecologist does not have the necessary qualifications to treat this disease.
Treatment of female infertility begins with a consultation with a reproductive physician. At the first meeting, the doctor will study the anamnesis (previous examinations, analyzes and appointments), ask you questions about the current state of health, and, if necessary, do an ultrasound of the pelvic organs to assess the state of the reproductive system and ovarian reserve. After that, the doctor will prescribe the necessary examinations and consultations, on the basis of which the treatment strategy will be chosen.
There are several main methods of treating infertility in women.
- Controlled conception ... A method in which the state of health is restored with medication, after which conception occurs naturally. For the effectiveness of conception, ultrasound monitoring of the state of the follicles and endometrium is carried out in order to establish the days most favorable for conception. This method is suitable for the treatment of mild infertility.
- Intrauterine insemination. An effective method for cervical (cervical) factor of infertility and some forms of semen pathology. In this case, the treatment of infertility in women consists in the introduction of the previously purified and prepared seminal fluid of the partner (donor) into the uterine cavity. In the future, conception occurs naturally.
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).The most effective method of infertility treatment, allowing you to get a pregnancy even in difficult cases. There are several types of IVF protocols.
- With and without stimulation of superovulation.
- Fresh and cryoprotocols.
- Protocols accumulation of oocytes or embryos.
- Donor protocols and surrogacy.
The ICSI method is most often used in IVF protocols, the method of introducing sperm into an egg outside the woman's body under control of the embryologist. This method provides the most effective indicators of successful protocols and pregnancy.
For more information on fertility treatments, consult your fertility specialist.